Truly, these might be one of our favorite things that we’ve ever made. Soft, fluffy, warm brioche with melty chocolate chips scattered throughout the roll, resulting in a bakery worthy treat!
-1 1/2 cups warm milk (heated to 100 degrees)
-6 Tbsp. melted butter (not hot)
-1/4 cup white sugar
-2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast
-5 cups all-purpose flour + 2 Tbsp. (if needed)
-1 tsp. salt
-2 large eggs, room temp.
-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
-1 egg (for egg wash)
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer whisk together 1 1/2 cups warm milk, 6 Tbsp. melted butter, and 1/4 cup white sugar. Next sprinkle in in 2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast, whisk it in and let it rise for 10 minutes until foamy.
2. Once the yeast has risen add in 5 cups all-purpose flour and 1 tsp. salt. Turn the machine to low, until the dough comes together. Add in 2 large eggs and increase the mixer to medium for about 8-10 minutes. If the dough is too sticky, add in 2 Tbsp. of flour. The dough should be elastic and slightly sticky.
3. Place the dough into a large bowl, cover with saran wrap, and let it rise for 1 hour at room temp. until doubled in size.
4. Once risen, stretch the dough out a bit, and start kneading in 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
5. Divide the dough into 10 even balls (each 5.6 oz.) and shape them each into smooth round balls. Place the rolls onto a lined baking sheet with parchment paper (make sure to space them out since they do expand quite a bit in the oven). Add on some extra chocolate chips for a pretty presentation.
6. Cover and let the rolls rise for 15 minutes. Then brush with egg wash (whisk together 1 egg), and bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
7. Let them cool a couple minutes before serving, and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins.
- Rise Time: 1 hr. + 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins.
- Category: Dessert, Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Calories: 400