This pretty and elegant Blueberry Ruffled Milk Pie is a Greek dessert, made out of flakey thin phyllo dough, rolled with fresh juicy blueberries, and a sweet custard! You are gonna love this!
-14 sheets of phyllo dough (thawed)
-10 Tbsp. melted butter
-3 cups fresh blueberries
-1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
-1 cup milk
-2 large eggs
-1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
-1/4 tsp. salt
-1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
-1/4 tsp. grated nutmeg
-1/4 cup brown sugar
-1/4 cup white sugar
-powdered sugar (for dusting)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and lightly butter an 10 inch pie dish.
2. In a bowl, toss 3 cups fresh blueberries with 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour. Set aside.
3. Place a sheet of phyllo dough on a clean surface, and lightly brush on some of the melted butter. Onto that, place on another sheet of phyllo dough, and brush that with melted butter. Along the bottom of the sheet, position about 1/3 cup of the blueberries. Starting from the bottom, roll it up loosely. Next roll it up, kinda like a cinnamon roll shape. (See video). Repeat this process until you have 7 rolls.
4. Place the rolls into the buttered pie dish. (Keeping them covered with a damp cloth while you make the rest). With the remaining butter, brush it onto the rolls. You should have 7 rolls in the pie dish.
5. Bake the rolls at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until golden and crisp.
6. While the rolls are baking, make the custard by whisking together 1 cup of milk, 2 large eggs, 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. grated nutmeg, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1/4 cup white sugar.
7. Once the rolls have finished baking, evenly pour the custard over the rolls, sprinkle on some blueberries, and bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until the custard is set. It will rise quite a bit in the oven.
8. Let it cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Keep the phyllo dough covered at all times.
- Prep Time: 20 mins.
- Cook Time: 45 mins.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Greek
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 300
Keywords: phyllo pie, ruffled milk pie, greek ruffled milk pie
4 thoughts on “Blueberry Ruffled Milk Pie”
This looks gorgeous!!! Can’t Wait to try this.
Thank you! And hope you enjoy!
I just bought fresh blueberries to try this out! Thanks Corrigan Sisters… will let you know how mine turns out…. Mmmm, can’t wait 😋. Your photography is gorgeous ♥️
Thank you! Hope you love it!