These Chocolate Chip Cookies are crispy on the outside, soft, and chewy on the inside, with melty pockets of chocolate in each delightful bite! The Browned Butter adds a toasty caramel like sweetness to the cookies which…
-1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
-1/2 cup white sugar
-1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 large egg
-1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1/2 tsp. baking soda
-4 oz. semi sweet chocolate bar, chopped
-1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
How to Brown Butter:
1. In a medium saucepan add in 1/2 cup butter, cooking that on medium low until melted. Once the butter is melted turn the heat up to medium. Shortly, your butter should start to bubble and pop. Stir butter constantly. After a while, the butter will turn foamy. Cook until you see it turn caramel brown. To keep your butter from burning, pour it into a glass bowl. Let it cool for 15 minutes.
To Make Cookies:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Brown 1/2 cup of butter.
3. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the cooled browned butter with 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, and 1 large egg. Whisk until combined. It should have a caramel like texture.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. baking soda.
5. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet, and mix to combine. Don’t over-mix.
6. To the dough fold in 8 oz. , chopped semi sweet chocolate bar, and optionally add in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (for some extra chocolatey-ness).
7. Cover the dough and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
8. Once the dough is chilled, scoop it with a large ice cream scoop and place it onto your lined baking sheet about 2 1/2 inches apart.
9. Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden and the center looks slightly under-baked. Half way through baking, open up the oven and bang the pan a few times to give the cookies a crinkle. Then let them finish baking.
10. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and let them cool for 5-10 minutes before enjoying!
- Prep Time: 5 mins.
- Chill Time: 15 mins.
- Cook Time: 10 mins.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 200