Soft, tender, warm, gooey, sticky monkey bread! There is so much to love in this Brioche Monkey Bread! It’s really fun to make, and perfect for your holiday dessert table!
For Greasing Pan:
-1 Tbsp. softened butter
-1 1/2 cups warm milk (heated to 100 degrees)
-6 Tbsp. melted butter
-1/4 cup white sugar
-2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast
-5 cups all-purpose flour + more (if needed)
-1 tsp. salt
-2 large eggs
–1 cup white sugar
-1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
-1/2 cup melted butter
-1 cup brown sugar, packed
-2 tsp. vanilla extract
Salted Caramel Glaze:
-1 cup white sugar
-1/4 cup water
-1/3 cup cold butter
-1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Grease a 12-inch bundt pan with some softened butter (about 1 Tbsp.) Make sure to butter it well so nothing sticks.
1. In a stand mixer attached with a dough hook, whisk together 1 1/2 cups warm milk, 6 Tbsp. melted butter, and 1/4 cup white sugar. Then sprinkle in 2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast. Whisk it in, and let it sit for 10 minutes.
2. Then add in 5 cups of all-purpose flour and 1 tsp. salt. Turn the machine to low, until the dough comes together. Then increase the mixer to medium for about 8-10 minutes. Next, add in 2 large eggs. (If the dough is too sticky, add in 2 Tbsp. flour.)
3. Place the dough into a large (lightly greased) bowl, cover with saran wrap, and let it rise for 1 hour at room temp.
1. White the dough is rising, make the cinnamon sugar. Whisk together 1 cup white sugar, and 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon. Set aside and save for later.
For Shaping the dough:
1. To form the balls, remove the dough from the bowl and pat it into a 12-inch square. With a pizza cutter, cut the square vertical, in 10 strips, then cut horizontally into about 64 pieces.
2. Roll each piece into a ball. Roll around in the cinnamon sugar, and place in the buttered bundt pan. Repeat until you have all the balls in the pan. Then cover, and let rise for 20 minutes.
1. In a bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup melted butter, 1 cup brown sugar, packed, and 2 tsp. vanilla extract. Right before pouring over the bread, microwave for 10 seconds.
1. Remove the saran wrap from the pan, and evenly pour the coating over the bread.
2. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
1. In a saucepan add 1 cup of white sugar, and a 1/4 cup of water. Make sure the water completely covers the sugar. Don’t mix, but you can swirl the pan. Once it starts boiling, let it cook for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, it should be an amber color.
2. Add in 1/3 cup cold cubed butter, and 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream. Mix to combine, then removed from heat and transfer to a heat-safe container. It will be thin at first, but over time, it thickens.
1. Let the bread cool in the pan for only 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a platter for serving. Top with the caramel glaze, and enjoy!
For making the caramel: watch it closely, because it can burn
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Rise Time: 1 hr 20 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Dessert, Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6 pieces
- Calories: 469
Keywords: monkey bread, pull apart bread, sweet bread