“In my heart is a Christmas Tree Farm” If you have a sweet tooth, these magical little snow capped meringues are for you! Light as air, crisp, and marshmallowy sweet! Sure to be a showstopper!
-3 egg whites (room temp.)
-2/3 cups white sugar
-1/4 tsp. cream of tatar
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-a pinch of salt
-1/2 tsp. green gel food coloring
-powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Separate 3 large eggs, using your preferred method. Be sure they are room temperature!
3. To the egg whites, add 1 tsp. vanilla extract, and 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar. Beat with a hand mixer, until the mixture is foamy.
4. Now SLOWLY add in the granulated sugar. Add in about 1 tablespoon increments, beating with each addition. It should take about 7 minutes.
5. Fold in about 1/2 tsp. green food coloring. You can add more as needed. We like a light green color.
6. Now transfer that to a piping bag, and pipe it onto your baking sheet.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for about 2 hours. Once done baking, turn off the oven and open the door, to let it cool completely, about 15 minutes. They do take some time, but they are so worth it!
8. You can sprinkle on some powdered sugar if desired, to let it snow. And now, you are ready to enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hrs.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1 meringue
- Calories: 20
Keywords: christmas tree meringues, meringues, christmas meringues