Soft, warm, sweet, crumbly! These Almond Snowball Cookies (also known as Russian Tea Cakes, or Mexican Wedding Cookies) just melt in your mouth! You’ll be surprised at how easy these are!
-1/2 cup softened unsalted butter (1 stick)
-1/2 cup powdered sugar + 1 cup for coating
-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
-1/4 tsp. almond extract
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1/2 cup almond flour
1. In a large bowl cream together 1/2 cup softened butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp. almond extract.
2. Once fluffy and light, add in 1 cup all-purpose flour and beat to combine. At first, it will be crumbly, but just keep beating it, and it’ll form into a nice dough.
3. Lastly, add 1/2 cup of almond flour. Beat until combined.
4. With a 1-inch cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto a lined baking sheet with parchment paper. You should have about 16 cookies.
5. Now roll each of the cookies into a smooth ball.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. They will crack a bit, but that’s normal.
7. After baking, transfer them to a cooling rack and let cool for a few minutes. While they are still warm, coat them in powdered sugar. Let them cool, then repeat the process once more.
- Prep Time: 7 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 70
Keywords: snowball cookies, russian tea cakes, mexican wedding cookies