-7 garlic cloves
-1 medium yellow onion, quartered
-2-inch nob of fresh peeled ginger
-3 Tbsp. garam masala
-1 tsp. ground tumeric
-2 tsp. ground paprika
-1/2 tsp. kosher salt
-2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
-3/4 cups plain whole milk yogurt
-2 cans (15 oz.) tomato sauce
-3/4 cups heavy cream
-1 Tbsp. ground paprika
-Cooked basmati rice
1. In a blender or food processor, blend together 7 garlic cloves, 1 medium yellow onion, quartered, 2-inch piece of freshly grated ginger, 3 Tbsp. garam masala 1 tsp. ground tumeric, 2 tsp. ground paprika, 1/2 tsp. kosher salt. Once smooth, transfer to a bowl, and save for later.
1. In a large bowl, whisk together 3/4 cups plain whole milk yogurt, and 3 Tbsp. of the curry paste. Then add in 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed. Cover with saran wrap, and let it marinate in the fridge for 1 hour, or overnight.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add in your marinated chicken. Cook for 10 minutes, then flip, and cook for another 10 minutes. Remove chicken from pan.
3. In the same pan (no need to wash it), add in the remaining curry paste. Let that cook for 1 minute, then pour in 2 cans (15 oz.) tomato sauce along with 3/4 cups heavy cream. Stir until combined. Then add back in the chicken. Let simmer for 10 minutes before serving.
4. To serve, start off with a couple of spoons of cooked basmati rice, then top with the chicken tikka masala. Optionally serve with naan, and chopped cilantro for garnish.