-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1 cup cornmeal
-1/2 cup white sugar
-1 Tbsp. baking powder
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1 1/4 cups buttermilk (room temp.)
-2 large eggs (room temp.)
-1/2 cup browned butter
-2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a madeleine pan with oil spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine together your dry ingredients: 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup cornmeal, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1 Tbsp. baking powder, and 1/2 tsp. salt.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together 1 1/4 cups buttermilk, 2 large eggs, 1/2 cup browned butter, and 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined.
5. Evenly divide the batter among the madeleine pan. This recipe makes 18 madeleines.
6. Bake the madeleines for 15 minutes, or when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Let them cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 mins.
- Cook Time: 15 mins.
- Category: Savory
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 madeleine
- Calories: 150