Fluffy, soft, and so flavorful! This Garlic Naan is perfect! Once you make it, you’ll be making it again and again because it’s so easy!
-1/2 cup warm water
-1 tsp. white sugar
-2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast
-2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
-1/2 tsp. kosher salt
-1/2 cup whole milk yogurt
-1 Tbsp. ghee
1. In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup warm water, that’s heated to 100 degrees. Whisk in 1 tsp. white sugar and sprinkle on 2 tsp. active dry yeast, and let that sit for 10 minutes, or until foamy.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together 2 1/4 cups flour, and 1/2 tsp. salt
3. Create a well in the flour mixture, and pour the yeast mixture in, along with 1/2 cup of whole milk yogurt, and 1 Tbsp. ghee. Mix until a shaggy dough forms.
4. With clean hands, start kneading the dough, Once kneaded, transfer it to the same bowl, and let it rise for 1 hour.
5. Once risen, roll it out into a thick circle, and cut out 8 slices. Shape each of the slices into a ball, and roll it out into a think circle.
6. On a greased cast-iron skillet, cook it for 1 minute to each side. Then brush with garlic butter and enjoy!
For Garlic Butter:
1. In a small saucepan, add in 2 Tbsp. ghee, and 1 Tbsp. of garlic. Once the ghee is melted, add in the cilanto, and immediately, remove from heat.