These Cheesy Garlic and Herb Braided Rolls are fluffy, soft, so pretty, and rippled throughout the bread with cheese and herbs! And the best part is that they only take 10 minutes to bake!
-3/4 cups warm milk
-2 Tbsp. white sugar
-2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast
-3 large eggs (room temp.)
-3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, + more if needed
-1 tsp. salt
For Cheese and Herb Mixture:
-1 tsp. dried parsley
-1 tsp. dried thyme
-1 tsp. dry rubbed sage
-1 tsp. dried oregano
-1 tsp. garlic powder
-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
-1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together 3/4 cups warm milk, 2 Tbsp. white sugar, and 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast. Let rise for 10 minutes until foamy.
2. To the yeast mixture, crack in 3 large eggs and add in 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, and 1 tsp salt. Beat that on medium speed with a dough hook for about 5 minutes. (if the dough is too sticky, add in a bit more flour at a time.)
3. Once the dough is smooth and elastic, cover the bowl with saran wrap, and let it ride for 1 hour at room temp.
4. While the dough is rising, mix together 1 tsp. dried parsley, 1 tsp. dried thyme, 1 tsp. dry rubbed sage, 1 tsp. dried oregano, and 1 tsp, garlic powder. (you can also just use 1 Tbsp. of Italian seasoning, and mix that with the garlic powder.)
5. In a large bowl, add in 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup grated parmesan, and the herb mixture. Set aside and save for later.
6. When the dough is done rising and doubled in size, punch it with your fist and transfer it to a clean floured surface.
7. Roll the dough out to a rectangle that measures 20 x 12 inches.
8. Sprinkle on the cheese herb mixture, and gently press it into the dough. You can use your hands or a rolling pin.
9. Fold the rectangle into thirds, horizontally.
10. Cut it into 20 even strips with a pizza cutter.
11. To braid each strip, gently press it down with your fingers, then cut the strip lengthwise into 3 pieces leaving it attached to the top. Then braid and pinch at the ends. Stretch it out a bit and flip it onto the other side, and roll it up, pinching it together so it won’t fall apart. Repeat the process with the remaining rolls.
12. Once they have all been shaped, cover and let rest for 15 mins.
13. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden bowl, and the cheese is bubbling.
14. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
15. Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Rise Time: 1 hour + 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Savory
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Calories: 150
Keywords: cheesy dinner rolls, cheesy garlic and herb braided rolls, bread making, babka buns, dinner rolls