A classic, that everybody will love! This Strawberries and Cream French Toast is simple to make, with easy-to-follow steps! Each piece of toast is soft, warm, and lightly sweetened. It pairs perfectly with the homemade vanilla whipped cream and fresh cut strawberries on top.
For French Toast:
1 loaf challah bread (or brioche), cut into 10 even slices
5 large eggs
1 + 1/4 cup milk
1 Tbsp. white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
a pinch of salt
4 Tbsp. butter (for cooking)
1 + 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1. Slice the heels of your challah bread loaf off, and cut it into 10 evenly thick slices. Place the slices on a baking dish and bake them at 200 degrees F for 5 minutes on each side.
2. In a shallow dish beat 5 large eggs. Next, add the milk, white sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Whisk that mixture together until combined.
3. Heat a griddle or pan over medium heat, and lightly grease it with butter.
4. Take your bread slices and dip them into the egg custard for about 5 seconds on each side. Place on the heated griddle, and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
5. To make the Homemade Vanilla Whipped Cream, beat together the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and a splash of vanilla extract until stiff peaks. Top your french toast with whipped cream and strawberries, or whatever you’d like! Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins.
- Cook Time: 5 mins.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Stovetop/Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 250