Skip the campfire and make these S’mores Cookies instead! These cookies are thick, gooey, and warm! They have a crisp exterior and a warm gooey interior stuffed with mini marshmallows, chocolate chunks, and graham cracker pieces.
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate bar, chopped
2 graham crackers, broken
1/2 cup mini marshmallows
How to Brown Butter:
1. In a medium saucepan add 1/2 cup butter, cooking on medium-low until melted. Once the butter is melted turn the heat up to medium. Shortly, your butter should start to bubble and pop. Stir butter constantly. After a while, the butter will turn foamy. Cook until you see it turn caramel brown. To keep your butter from burning, pour it into a glass bowl. Let it cool for 15 minutes.
To Make Cookies:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Brown 1/2 cup of butter.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the cooled browned butter with 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, and 1 large egg. Whisk until combined. It should have a caramel-like texture.
4. Whisk together the dry ingredients in a separate bowl: 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. baking soda.
5. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet, and mix to combine. Don’t over-mix.
6. To the dough fold in 8 oz. chopped semi-sweet chocolate bar, graham cracker pieces, and 1/2 cup mini marshmallows.
7. Scoop the cookies with a large ice cream scoop onto a lined baking sheet with parchment paper.
9. Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden and the center looks slightly under-baked. Halfway through baking, open up the oven and bang the pan a few times to give the cookies a crinkle. Then let them finish baking.
10. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and let them cool for 5-10 minutes before enjoying!
- Prep Time: 10 mins.
- Cook Time: 10 mins.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 250
Keywords: s'mores cookies, s'mores desserts, chocolate chip cookies