“Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer had a very shiny nose.”
-1 cup butter, softened
-1/2 cup white sugar
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 large egg
-2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
-1/2 tsp. salt
-black royal icing (for decorating)
-mini red and brown m&ms (for the nose)
1. In a medium-sized bowl, cream together 1 cup softened butter, 1/2 cup white sugar, and 1 tsp. vanilla extract. Beat with a hand mixer for about 4 minutes.
2. Crack in 1 large egg and continue beating. Now add in 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Beat that until it forms a soft dough.
3. Divide the dough into two disks, and cover in plastic wrap. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
4. Roll the dough out to a 1/4 inch thick. With a round 3-inch cookie cutter, cut out your sugar cookies.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees, for 7-8 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes before decorating.
6. To decorate, pipe on two small eyes with black royal icing, and antlers. Then pipe on a tiny dot below the eyes and place on a mini red m&m. Let harden, and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 150
Keywords: sugar cookies, rudolph cookies, christmas cookies