Keeping things sweet and chill today with this No-Churn Roasted Strawberry Ice Cream! Homemade, creamy, sweet and so nostalgic made by roasting sliced strawberries to intensify the flavor natural flavor of the berries! You can’t beat it, it’s a classic!
1 and 1/2 lb. fresh strawberries, halved
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. white sugar
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
a pinch of salt
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. To the baking sheet, add 1 and 1/2 lb. of halved strawberries, along with 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, and 1 Tbsp. white sugar. Toss that until combined. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, until the fruit is just starting to caramelize and is fragrant.
3. Transfer the strawberries to a saucepan, cook over medium heat, and bring to a simmer. Stir frequently for about 15-20 minutes, until you have a syrupy mixture. It should measure to about 1 and 1/2 cups.
4. Pulse the strawberries in a blender or food processor until fully blended. Let the mixture cool completely in the fridge.
5. In a large bowl, whisk together 14oz. sweetened condensed milk, a pinch of salt, 2 tsp. vanilla extract, and the cooled strawberry mixture.
6. Beat 2 cups of heavy whipping cream until SOFT peaks. Don’t overbeat. Gently fold the whipped cream into the strawberry mixture.
7. Pour the ice cream mixture into an ice cream container, (or a loaf pan) cover, and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
8. Scoop, serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Freeze Time: 6 hrs. to overnight
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup ice cream
- Calories: 250