Soft, buttery and fluffy on the inside, with crisp crumbly edges. These delightful Lavender Honey Scones are practically perfect in every way, having a slight taste of the floral lavender, bright lemon, and sweet honey. These are perfect for Mother’s Day or any other Spring occasion!
For the Lavender Honey Scones:
-2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
-1/2 cup granulated sugar
-1 Tbsp. baking powder
-1/2 tsp. salt
-2 tsp. dried culinary lavender
-1/2 cup frozen butter (1 stick)
-1/2 cup buttermilk
-2 large eggs
-2 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 tsp. honey
-zest from 1 lemon (about 1 Tbsp.)
For the Lemon Glaze:
-2-3 Tbsp. milk
-1 tsp. lemon juice
-1 + 1/4 cups powdered sugar
To Make the Lavender Scones:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1 Tbsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt and 2 tsp. dried culinary lavender.
3. Grate 1/2 cup frozen butter, and add it to the flour mixture. Combine with a pastry cutter, fork, or your fingers until pea-sized crumbs. Don’t over-mix it. Keep it in the fridge while mixing the wet ingredients.
4. Whisk together 1/2 cup buttermilk, 2 eggs, 2 tsp. vanilla extract, and 1 tsp. honey, and the zest from 1 lemon.
5. Pour the liquid mixture into the butter mixture, and stir it all together until roughened.
6. Empty the dough onto a clean floured counter, and work the dough into a disk shape (about 6 inches.)
7. With a bench scraper, cut the disk into 8 even wedges.
8. Transfer the wedges onto the baking sheet, making sure there is space in between each one, and lightly brush each scone with egg wash.
9. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
10. Let cool for 15 minutes before drizzling on the glaze.
To Make the Lemon Glaze:
1. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together 1 + 1/4 cups powdered sugar, 1 tsp. lemon juice, and 2-3 Tbsp. milk. Slowly add in the milk, until you get the right consistency.
- Prep Time: 10 mins.
- Cook Time: 15 mins.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: English
- Serving Size: 1 scone
- Calories: 300
2 thoughts on “Lavender Honey Scones”
Thank you for the idea and recipe. I will make these for Mother’s Day.
Hope you enjoy!