Celebrate the last few weeks of Summer with these Chocolate Mint Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches! A crunchy chocolatey cookie that’s sandwiched between creamy Mint Chip and Dark Chocolate ice cream! These are irresistibly good!
For Chocolate Cookies:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in two eggs and beat to combine.
3. To the creamed mixture add in the dry ingredients: flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat until a thick dough forms.
4. To a floured surface roll the dough out to a 1/4 inch thick. With a 3.75-inch scalloped cookie cutter, cut out 24 cookies.
5. Transfer the cookies to the baking sheets and poke holes into them using a fork. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Once baked, let the cookies cool completely.
6. To a pan lined with plastic wrap, add 3 pints of softened mint chip (or dark chocolate) Acme Valley Ice Cream. Smooth it down, and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
7. Once the ice cream is frozen, cut out 12 rounds with a 3.25-inch round cookie cutter. (For this part you have to work somewhat fast, or the ice cream will melt.)
8. Now immediately, place an ice cream round on a faced-down cookie, and place another cookie on top, sandwiching it together.
9. Freeze the sandwiches for 2 hours, for the best results so they hold up well. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins.
- Freeze Time:: 6 hrs.
- Cook Time: 15 mins.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake/Freeze
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 450
Keywords: ice cream sandwiches, mint chip ice cream, chocolate ice cream sandwiches