These Cookies are soft, chewy, and the sprinkles make them so cute and festive! A simple sugar cookie dough, loaded with colorful sprinkles throughout each cookie. They are so nostalgic, and perfect for a birthday party, or just about any occasion at all!
3/4 cups softened butter
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 large egg, room temp.
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, with an electric hand mixer, cream together 3/4 cups softened butter, 1 cup white sugar, and 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar. Cream until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
3. Add in 1 large egg, and 1 tsp. vanilla extract. Beat that until fully combined. Now, add in 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, 3/4 tsp. baking soda, 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar, and 1/2 tsp. kosher salt. Beat that until a soft dough forms.
4. Once a dough forms, fold in 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles, using a spatula. Don’t over-mix the dough. Scoop the cookies onto a lined baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Rotate the pan halfway through the baking.
6. Let cookies cool for a few minutes on a cooling rack. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins.
- Cook Time: 12 mins.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 200
Keywords: sugar cookies, funfetti sugar cookies, funfetti cookies, funfetti desserts, corrigan sisters, sprinkles