This Iced Lemon Loaf is soft, fluffy, and moist. The cake and Icing is full of lemon flavor! This is the perfect Spring dessert for any occasion! This homemade Iced Lemon Loaf is so much better than Starbucks Lemon Loaf and it’s pretty simple to make too!
For the Lemon Loaf:
1 + 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup white sugar
1 cup softened butter, cubed
3 large eggs, room temp.
1/4 cup milk, room temp.
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. lemon juice, about 1 lemon
2 Tbsp. lemon zest, about 2 lemons
For the Icing:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. lemon juice, about 1/2 lemon
1 Tbsp. heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease and line a 7.5 x 3.5-inch loaf pan. Set that aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together 1 + 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1 cup white sugar. Add in 1 cup cubed softened butter, and beat that with a hand mixer until a very thick batter forms.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together 3 large eggs, 1/4 cup milk, 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, 2 tsp. vanilla extract, 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, and 2 Tbsp. lemon zest. Whisk that until combined.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and beat until combined. The batter will be very thick. Transfer the batter to the lined baking pan, and bake at 350F for 1 hour + 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the cake cool for about 40 minutes.
5. To make the icing, whisk together 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, and 1 Tbsp. heavy cream. Whisk that until combined.
6. Pour the icing over the cooled loaf. Slice and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins.
- Cook Time: 1 hr. + 10 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 300
Keywords: lemon loaf, loaf, lemon cake, lemon loaf with icing, iced lemon loaf, lemon loaf recipe