These Cinnamon Rolls are the best brunch recipe for Christmas morning! Soft, fluffy, gooey, and topped with an irresistible cream cheese frosting! They are practically a dream come true, and you guys are going to fall in love with these giant cinnamon rolls!
For the Rolls:
1 cup milk, heated to 110 degrees F
2 + 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast
1 large room temperature egg
2 Tbsp. melted butter, divided
4 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups all-purpose flour, plus 2-4 tbsp
For the Filling:
6 Tbsp. softened butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
4 Tbsp. softened butter
4 oz. softened cream cheese
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
1. To a large bowl, add in 1 cup warm milk, 2 + 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast, 1 large egg, 1 Tbsp. melted butter, 4 Tbsp. granulated sugar, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Give that a quick whisk. Add in 3 cups all-purpose flour and mix that in with a wooden spatula. Add in 1 Tbsp. flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Knead the dough with your hands for about 3 minutes. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, make the cinnamon filling. Mix together 6 Tbsp. softened butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon.
3. Once risen, lightly dust your work surface with flour and turn the dough out onto the surface. Roll out the dough into a 17 x 10 rectangle. Evenly spread out the cinnamon filling, and lengthwise, roll it up. With dental floss, cut the cinnamon roll into 8 rolls.
4. Place the rolls into a 9×13 pan, cover with plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. Once risen, brush the rolls with the remaining 1 Tbsp. melted butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Let the rolls cool for about 15 minutes.
5. While cooling, make the frosting. In a medium sized bowl with a hand mixer, beat together 4 Tbsp. softened butter, 4 oz. softened cream cheese, and 2 tsp. vanilla extract. Slowly beat in 1 cup of powdered sugar and mix until combined.
6. Spread the frosting over the slightly warm cinnamon rolls and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins.
- Cook Time: 25 mins.
- Category: dessert, breakfast
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Cinnamon Roll
- Calories: 450
2 thoughts on “The Best Cinnamon Rolls!”
I’ve had several cinnamon rolls but never tried making any until now. These are super simple and absolutely DELISH!! They didn’t last long in our household and I’m definitely making these again soon.
Yay! That makes us so happy to hear! 🙂