This Sundried Tomato Ricotta Pasta with Eggplant is flavorful, summery, and simple! This dish consists of a base tomato sauce made with sundried tomatoes, ricotta cheese, and eggplant. Finally, it’s topped with a generous amount of parmesan cheese and fresh basil! So so good!
1 lb. uncooked short cut pasta
3 Tbsp. sundried tomato oil (from jar of sundried tomatoes)
1 small yellow onion, diced
8 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium eggplant, chopped
1 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
2 cups tomato puree
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
1/2 cup pasta water
10 oz. ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese + more for serving
chopped basil, for garnish
1. First, cook 1lb. of short-cut pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Save 1/2 cup of the pasta water for later.
2. To a saucepan over medium heat, add 3 Tbsp. sun-dried tomato oil, 1 diced onion, and 8 cloves of minced garlic. Cook that for about 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
3. Now, add in 1 diced eggplant, and cook that for 3 minutes. Add in 1 cup of chopped sun-dried tomatoes, and let that cook for another 3 minutes.
4. Add in 2 cups tomato puree, 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp. black pepper, 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes, and 1/2 cup pasta water. Bring to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Now, add in 10 oz. ricotta cheese, and 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese. Mix that together, then add in your cooked pasta. Mix that again, until everything is well combined, and serve!
6. Top with some more parmesan cheese, basil, and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins.
- Cook Time: 20 mins.
- Category: Savory
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 500