-3 cups water
-4 Tbsp. lemon juice
-4 red apples
-4 oz. cream cheese, softened
-3 Tbsp. brown sugar
-1 tsp. ground cinnamon
-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 package (2 sheets) puff pastry, thawed
-powdered sugar (for dusting)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together 3 cups water, and 4 Tbsp. lemon juice.
3. Next, slice the apples. To do that, cup the apples in half, remove the core, and slice the apple into paper thin slices. (leave the peel!)
4. Immediatley add the apples to the lemon water. Doing this prevents that apples from browning.
5. Microwave the apples on high for about 5-7 minutes, or until soft and rollable.
6. In a medium-sized bowl, whip together 4 oz. softened cream cheese, 3 Tbsp. brown sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract.
7. Drain the apples.
8. Unwrap the thawed puff pastry dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll it out to a rectangular shape of about 9 x 12 inches. Cut the dough into 6 even strips, each about 1.5 x 12 inches. Repeat with the other sheet. You should have 12 strips in all.
9. Take a strip of the puff pastry dough, and spread on some of the cream cheese mixture. Onto that, layer on the apples. Overlapping one over the other. Make sure to have the top of the apple (the curved side) stick out a bit.
10. Start rolling from one end. Don’t make it too tight! Then place in a muffin tin.
11. Repeat until you have 12 apple roses. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until puffed and golden.
12. Let them cool for 15 minutes before serving.
13. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 35 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Dessert, Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American/French