Sometimes the simplest things are the best, so today we are sharing our recipe for this Classic Pasta Bolognese Sauce! It’s super flavorful and is the best Fall weeknight dinner, since it requires simple ingredients, and takes no time to make!
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 small yellow onion, finely diced
2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
2 celery stalks, finely diced
8 cloves minced garlic
1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 lb. ground sausage
6 oz. tomato paste
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
28 oz. diced fire roasted tomatoes
1/2 cup beef broth
1/2 cup red wine
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 lb. paccheri pasta, (or pasta of choice)
1. To a large dutch oven over medium heat, add in 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 finely diced onion, 1 peeled and diced carrot, and 1 finely diced celery stalk. Cook that for about 8-10 minutes, then add in 8 cloves minced garlic, and cook for 1 more minute until fragrant.
2. Once the veggies are cooked, add in 1/2 lb. lean ground beef, and 1/2 lb. ground sausage. Break it up, and cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes. To that, add in 3 oz. tomato paste, 1 tsp. dried basil, 1 tsp. dried oregano, 1 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. black pepper, and an optional 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes. Mix until fully combined.
3. Add in 28 oz. diced fire roasted tomatoes, 1/4 cup beef broth, and 1/2 cup red wine. Mix that until it’s combined. Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook 1 lb. pasta in salted water according to package instructions.
4. Once done simmering, add in 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, and give it a mix. Add in your cooked pasta, and mix until the everything is fully coated.
5. Serve with some more parmesan cheese, and basil. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins.
- Cook Time: 30 mins.
- Category: Savory
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 360