These lemon muffins are fluffy, moist, sweet, and bursting with lemon flavor *fresh lemon glaze included!* Whip these muffins up, and they’ll brighten up any day!
For Crumble Topping:
-1/2 cup sugar
-3/4 cup flour
-6 Tbsp. cold cubed butter
For Lemon Muffins:
-2 and 3/4 cups flour
-3 tsp. baking powder
-3/4 tsp. salt
-6 Tbsp. room temp. butter
-1 1/4 cups sugar
-2 Tbsp. lemon zest
-1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 egg and 2 egg yolks
-3/4 cup milk
-1/3 cup lemon juice
For Lemon Glaze:
-1 cup powdered sugar
-2 Tbsp. lemon juice
-milk (as needed)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners; this recipe makes 16 muffins. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, add in 1/2 cup sugar, 3/4 cups flour, and 3 Tbsp. cold cubed butter.
3. Break up the butter with your hands or a pastry cutter until the mixture is crumbly.
4. Let the crumble mixture chill in the fridge, until you are ready to top it on your muffins.
5 In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, 2 and 3/4 cups flour, 3 tsp. baking powder, and 3/4 tsp. salt. Set aside.
6. In a large bowl combine 6 Tbsp. room temp. butter, 1 1/4 cups sugar, 2 Tbsp. lemon zest, and 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract. With a hand mixer, beat on medium speed until light and fluffy; about 3 minutes. Your mixture will be crumbly, but that’s normal.
7. To your butter mixture, add in 1 egg and 2 egg yolks. Beat on high speed until fully combined and smooth.
8. Now alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk, it should take you about 3 times each.
9. Fold in 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice, stirring until just combined. Be sure not to over mix.
10. Scoop batter into your prepared muffin tins.
11. Add 1 heaping tablespoon of the crumble topping onto your muffins.
12. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until they turn lightly golden.
13. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before drizzling on the glaze.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 150
Keywords: lemon crumb muffins, lemon crumb muffins, muffins
2 thoughts on “Lemon Crumb Muffins”
In step #2, you have adding sugar twice. I assume the 3/4 cup of sugar is just a typo? I went with that and it turned out great! Such a cute, yummy recipe!
Oops! Yes, the 3/4 cup of sugar was a mistake. Sorry about that! But so happy you loved them! 🙂