Iced Lemon Loaf! From the soft, moist, fluffy, lemony crumb, to the sweet, tangy lemon icing, is there truly anything better? You name it, this cake has got it!
For the Loaf:
-2 cups all-purpose flour
-1 tsp. baking powder
-1/2 tsp. salt
-3/4 cups softened butter
-1 cup white sugar
-4 large eggs, room temp.
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-the zest from 1 lemon
-1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
-1/4 cup sour cream
-1/3 cups milk
For the Icing:
-1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
-1 Tbsp. heavy cream
-2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, with a hand mixer, cream together 3/4 cups softened butter and 1 cup white sugar. Cream that for about 3 minutes.
3. Now add in 4 large room temperature eggs, adding one at a time, beating well with each addition.
4. Then add in 1 tsp. vanilla extract, the zest from 1 lemon, and 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice. Beat until combined.
5. Separately, whisk together 1/4 cup sour cream, and 1/3 cup milk. Whisk until no lumps remain.
6. To the creamed butter mixture, add in 1/2 of your sour cream mixture, beating until smooth. Then add in 1/2 of your dry ingredients. Beat until combined and repeat once more.
7. Pour the batter into a lined greased loaf pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Don’t worry if your loaf is browned, the icing will cover it.
8. While the loaf is baking, make the icing. Whisk together 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 1 Tbsp. heavy cream, and 2 Tbsp. lemon juice. It should be a thick consistency.
9. Remove the loaf from the oven, and let cool for 20 minutes, before icing. Cut into thick slices, and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour + 10 mins
- Category: Dessert, Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 400
Keywords: lemon cake, lemon loaf, iced lemon loaf