This Iced Chai Latte is the best way to slowly welcome Fall! Cozy, sweet, and spiced to perfection, it will leave your house smelling like Fall! Our homemade version is so much better than the ones you get at coffee shops and is actually super simple to make!
For Chai Concentrate:
4 cups water
10 cardamom pods
15 whole cloves
4 whole star anise
18 whole black peppercorns
1/2 inch knob fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
3 cinnamon sticks
2 1-inch strip orange peels
1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup)
8 black tea bags
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup homemade chai concentrate
1/2 cup milk (we recommend using whole milk)
whipped cream, optional
1. Using a mortar and pestle, lightly break up the following spices: 10 cardamom pods, 15 whole cloves, 4 whole star anise, and 18 whole black peppercorns.
2. To a medium-sized saucepan, add 4 cups of water, the crushed spices, 3 cinnamon sticks, 1/2 inch knob of fresh ginger, 2 1-inch strip orange peels, and 1/2 cup of honey. Mix that together and bring it to a simmer. Remove from heat.
3. Once simmered, add in the 8 black tea bags and let that steep for 20 minutes to an hour.
4. Remove the tea bags and mix in 1 tsp. vanilla extract.
5. Pour the chai concentrate through a sieve into a tall glass jar and let that chill in the fridge until cold. It should take about 1 hour.
6: Assemble the drink: To a serving glass add in ice, then add 1/2 cup of the chai concentrate and 1/2 cup of milk. Finally top it of with whipped cream and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 mins.
- Chill Time: 1 hr.
- Cook Time: 5 mins.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 glass
- Calories: 125
Keywords: iced chai latte, chai, chai tea, iced drinks, fall drinks, fall recipes, iced tea