This French Cherry Clafoutis is the best way to use your leftover Cherries this Summer! A sweet and light French tart-like dessert, baked with juicy, bursting cherries, and topped with a simple dust of powdered sugar! What’s not to love about that!
2 heaping cups of cherries, pitted
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. white sugar, divided
2 Tbsp. butter, softened
1 cup milk
4 large eggs
1 tsp. almond extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 cup sliced almonds
powdered sugar, for serving
vanilla ice cream, optional
1. Wash, pit, and dry your cherries. Add them to a bowl and toss them with 2 Tbsp. white sugar until fully coated.
2. Butter a 9-inch pie dish with 2 Tbsp. softened butter, and spread out the cherries in a single layer. Set aside.
3. In a blender or large bowl combine together 1 cup milk, 4 large eggs, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1 tsp. almond extract, 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, and 1/2 tsp. kosher salt. The batter will be very thin and should have no lumps.
4. Pour the batter over the cherries and top with 1/4 cup sliced almonds.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until puffed up and golden. The center should be custardy.
6. Once out of the oven, let cool for 10 minutes before dusting with powdered sugar.
7. Serve the slice warm, and optionally top with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins.
- Cook Time: 35 mins.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 180