Just because you’re gluten-free doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a delicious chocolate cake! This Flourless Chocolate Cake is decadent, ultra-chocolatey, and topped with sweet, homemade whipped cream and raspberries. It’s absolutely irresistible and the perfect St. Valentine’s Day treat!
For the Flourless Chocolate Cake:
8 oz. chopped chocolate
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubbed
5 large eggs, separated
3/4 cups white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
For the Homemade Whipped Cream:
1 + 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9 inch springform pan and dust it with cocoa powder. Set that aside.
2. In a large bowl, add in 8 oz. chopped chocolate and 1/2 cup cubbed unsalted butter. Melt that in the microwave in 30-second increments until fully melted. Set that aside to cool.
3. Separate 5 large eggs, putting the egg whites in a medium sized bowl and the egg yolks in another bowl. With an electric hand mixer, start beating the egg whites on high speed. Keep beating while slowly adding in 3/4 cups white sugar. Keep beating that until stiff peaks from. It should take about 5-7 minutes. You can also use a stand mixer.
4. To the chocolate butter mixture, add in the egg yolks one at a time, whisking with each addition. Add in 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder. Whisk that until smooth.
5. Now gently fold in the egg whites into the chocolate mixture. Don’t over mix! Transfer the batter to the greased pan and bake at 325 degrees F. for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. To make the Whipped Cream: With an electric hand mixer, beat together 1 + 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, 1/3 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract.
7. Let the cake cool for about 30 minutes. Slice and serve with homemade a dollop of the whipped cream and a few raspberries.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 250
Keywords: chocolate cake, chocolate, flourless, flourless chocolate cake, how to make, corrigan sisters,