This Detroit Style Pepperoni Pizza is easily one of the best pizzas you’ll ever have! The crust is Foccacia-like. It’s bubbly, soft, fluffy, and crisp on the edges. The top is layered with pepperoni, pizza sauce, and mozzarella!
1 1/2 cups warm water, heat to 110 degrees
1 tsp. white sugar
2 tsp. active dry yeast
2 cups bread flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. kosher salt
2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
7 oz. thick-cut pepperoni
1/2 cup pizza sauce
2 cups cubed low moisture mozzarella cheese
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
fresh basil (for garnish)
1. In a large bowl, add in 1 1/2 cups warm water, heated to 110 degrees, and 1 tsp. white sugar. Whisk that, then sprinkle on 2 tsp. of active dry yeast, and let that rise for 5 minutes.
2. To that, add 1 cup all-purpose flour, 2 cups bread flour, and 1 tsp. salt. Mix that in with a wooden spatula, until it forms a dough. Add in 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and mix it into the dough.
3. Cover the dough and let it sit in a warm place for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Once it’s done rising, transfer it to a 9×13 inch pan and stretch it out to the edge of the pan. Cover and let that rise for 30 minutes, stretching it out every 10 minutes.
4. Place on a layer of pepperoni, and evenly spread on 1/2 cup of pizza sauce. Add on 2 cups of cubed mozzarella cheese and another layer of pepperoni.
5. Bake at 500 degrees for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and bubbling. Let it cool for 5 minutes, and slice and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 400