Say hello to your new favorite cookie! Brownies + Cookies = Perfection! These cookies are ultra chocolatey, malty, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Seriously though, these are so good!
-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
-1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
-1 tsp. baking powder
-1/4 tsp. salt
-8 oz. chopped bittersweet chocolate (or bittersweet chocolate chips)
-4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
-2 tsp. vanilla extract
-1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
-2/3 cup white sugar
-2 large eggs, room temp.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together 3/4 cups flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1 tsp. baking powder, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Set aside.
3. In a large microwave-safe bowl, add in 8 oz. of chopped bittersweet chocolate, along with 3 Tbsp. of butter. Microwave that in 15-second increments, mixing each time, until the mixture is completely melted. Don’t overdo it, because the chocolate can burn!
4. To the chocolate-butter mixture add in 2 tsp. of vanilla extract, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 2/3 cup white sugar. Beat with a hand mixer until combined.
5. One at a time, add in 2 large, room temp. eggs. Beat until incorporated.
6. Finally, add in the dry mixture, beating until fully combined. Don’t overmix!
7. With a regular-sized cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the pan. They will spread out, so be sure to space them about 2 inches apart.
8. Before putting them in the oven, turn down your oven temp. to 300 degrees. Then bake the cookies for 12-13 minutes.
9. After 5 minutes, take the pan out of the oven and bang it on the counter a few times. Then put them back into the oven. Banging the pan gives the cookies the crinkle top! Repeat the pan banging every once more. And add them back in, to let them finish cooking.
10. Let cool for a few minutes, and top with optional flaky sea salt.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American