This Cherry Tomato Pasta Alla Vodka is so flavorful and is a perfect weeknight meal! But it looks fancy so it’s also great for a more formal dinner! And isn’t this color beautiful?!
-2 Tbsp. olive oil
-1 small onion, diced
-5 cloves garlic, minced
-2 Tbsp. dried oregano
-1/2 tsp. salt
-8 cups halved cherry tomatoes
-1 cup heavy cream
-1/2 cup water or vodka
-1 Lb. pasta (make sure it’s a pasta that’ll hold the sauce well)
-3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese + more for topping
-Basil for garnish
1. In a large pan, over medium heat, add in 2 Tbsp. olive oil, along with 1 small diced onion. Let that cook for 3-4 minutes.
2. Next, stir in 5 cloves, minced garlic, 2 Tbsp. dried oregano, 1/2 tsp. salt and 8 cups halved cherry tomatoes. Cook for 15 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the tomatoes release their juices and it becomes saucy.
3. While the tomato mixture is cooking, boil 1 Lb. of pasta in salted water according to package instructions until al dente.
4. Remove the tomato mixture from the pan, and transfer to a blender. Blend sauce until smooth.
5. Pour the sauce back into the pan, over low heat, and add in 1 cup heavy cream and 1/2 cup water or vodka. Stir. It should be an orangish color.
6. Then add in 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese and your cooked pasta. Mix.
7. Serve, topped with more grated parmesan, and basil.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Savory
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 480
Keywords: cherry tomato pasta alla vodka, pasta alla vodka, pasta