This Cheesy Garlic Herb Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce is the perfect easy Fall dinner idea! It’s cheesy, meaty, flavorful, and so delicious!
For Roasting Spaghetti Squash:
-2 large spaghetti squash
-6 cloves garlic
-1 Tbsp. olive oil
-salt and pepper to taste
-1 lb. lean ground beef
-1 medium onion, diced
-1 tsp. salt
-1/2 tsp. black pepper
-1 tsp. oregano
-1/2 tsp. ground cumin
-24 oz. marinara sauce
-1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut two large spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise.
2. Scoop out the seeds. Add 4 whole garlic cloves inside the squash (1 for each half). Drizzle on olive oil and brush to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Flip squash face side down.
3. Bake squash for 45 minutes.
4. For the meat sauce, heat the pot over medium-high heat. Add in 1 lb. of ground beef and let that cook for 5 minutes. Then add in 1 medium diced onion, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. black pepper, 1 tsp. oregano, 1/2 tsp. ground cumin, and 24 oz. marinara sauce. Saute until onions are soft (about 3 minutes).
5. Pour in 24 oz. marinara sauce, and simmer on low heat, covered for 20 minutes.
6. Once the squash is out of the oven, flip it face-up, and mash the garlic into the squash. Then use a fork to scrape the squash into strands.
7. Spoon in the meat sauce mixture, and top with 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese.
8. Broil on high for about 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. (It can burn quickly so be sure to watch it!)
9. Garnish with chopped basil, and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Savory, Healthy
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 450