These Crispy Chicken Taquitos with Avocado Lime Crema are really delicious and pretty simple to make too! Flavorful chicken with melty Mexican cheese blend, all wrapped around a crispy crunchy corn tortilla, and topped with that creamy Avocado Lime Crema, Pickled Onions, and of course a sprinkle of cilantro. Also these are baked and not fried, but just as good! (If not better).
For Crispy Chicken Taquitos:
2 1/2 cups shredded chicken
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. chili powder
3/4 cup red enchilada sauce
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
18–20 yellow corn tortillas
4 Tbsp. olive oil (for brushing tortillas)
For Avocado Lime Crema:
1 avocado, pitted and peeled
1/4 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
1 lime, juiced (about 2 Tbsp.)
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. water
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl mix together the shredded chicken, along with salt, garlic powder, ground cumin, chili powder and red enchilada sauce. Stir until combined, and set aside.
3. Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel, and microwave for 30 seconds until soft and pliable.
4. Lay the tortillas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and generously brush both sides with olive oil.
5. To assemble the taquitos, place the cheese in the middle of the tortilla, then add on some of the chicken mixture, and top with a bit more cheese.
6. Roll the taquito so that it is snug, but not too tight. Once the taquitos are rolled, brush on some more olive oil, and bake at 425 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
7. Serve warm and top with the Avocado Lime Crema, pickled onions, and some freshly chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
To Make the Avocado Lime Crema:
1. In a food processor or blender, blend together sour cream, lime juice, chopped cilantro, salt, and water. Blend until smooth.
- Prep Time: 25 mins.
- Cook Time: 20 mins.
- Category: Savory
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 2 Taquitos
- Calories: 200