Picture this: a warm, ultra chocolatey brownie that’s fudgy on the inside and chewy on the inside, then topped with your favorite vanilla ice cream. It’s pretty easy to make, but it looks and tastes so like you got it at a fancy restaurant.
1 cup butter
2 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (divided)
4 large eggs
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 Tbsp. espresso powder
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
vanilla ice cream (for serving)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a medium-sized bowl melt together 1 cup of butter with 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Microwave that in 30-second increments until fully melted and smooth. Let mixture cool for 15 mins.
3. In a very large bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar, espresso powder, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
4. Pour the cooled chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and whisk that until combined. The mixture will be pretty thick.
5. In a small bowl whisk the dry ingredients together: all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
6. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet until combined.
7. Pour the batter into a 9×9 baking pan lined with parchment paper. Even the batter out, and top with 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, depending on how you like your brownies.
9. Let brownies cool for 30 minutes before cutting.
10. Serve, topping with vanilla ice cream, and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins.
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American