These donuts are soft, fluffy, warm, and melt in your mouth! Nobody would know these were made in the air fryer! Honestly, they are better than deep-fried donuts. Also, making them in the air fryer is SO much easier! It’s a win-win-win!
-1 cup milk, heated to 110°
-1/4 cup sugar + 1 tsp. sugar
-2 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast
-2 tsp. salt
-1 large egg, beaten
-4 Tbsp. melted butter
-3 cups all-purpose flour
-2 cups powdered sugar
-4 Tbsp. melted butter
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-milk (add as needed)
1. In a medium-sized bowl, add in 1 cup of milk, heated to 110°. Stir in 1 teaspoon sugar, and 2 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast and let sit for about 5 minutes, until foamy.
2. Add the yeast mixture to a bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a dough hook attachment and 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tsp. salt, and 1 egg, beaten to the yeast mixture.
3. Then add in 4 Tbsp. melted butter, and 2 cups of flour and mix at low speed.
4. If needed, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5. Add in the remaining 1 cup of flour, and knead for about 5 minutes at medium-high speed. The dough should be elastic, and should not stick to your hands. If necessary, add in more flour, slowly.
6. Remove dough from stand mixer, and transfer to a large bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and let the dough rise for 30 minutes and until doubled in size.
7. Once risen, punch dough and transfer to a lightly floured surface. Roll dough out to about 1/2 an inch thick.
8. Take a round cutter, (roughly 3 1/2 in.) and cut out as many rounds as you can. Then use a smaller round cutter (roughly 1 in.) to cut out the center.
9. Remove excess dough scraps from cut donuts. (Be sure to keep the donut holes!) And transfer donuts to a lined baking sheet. Cover, and let them rise for about 20 minutes.
10. Preheat air fryer to 350°. Spray inside of air fryer with oil spray.
11. Add in your donuts in a single layer. (We fit 4 donuts into the air fryer at a time). Spray donuts with oil spray, and let them cook for 6 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Repeat with remaining donuts and donut holes. The donut holes should take 4 minutes.
12. Transfer cooked donuts to a cooling rack. Let them cool for about 10 minutes before glazing.
13. In a large bowl, add in 2 cups powdered sugar, 4 Tbsp. melted butter, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, and milk (add as needed). The glaze should be smooth and have the perfect dipping consistency.
1. To glaze the donuts, dunk in one donut at a time, flipping until fully covered in the glaze, then transfer to a rack, to let the glaze set.
2. To glaze the donut holes, once all of your donuts are glazed, dump in all of the donut holes, stirring until they are covered in the glaze. Then transfer to a rack, to let the glaze inset.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Rise Time: 50 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 donut + 1 donut hole
- Calories: 200
Keywords: air fryer donuts, air fried donuts, glazed donuts