Flawlessly fluffy and warm, Air Fried Chocolate Hazelnut Filled Donuts. Made from a soft brioche dough, simply air fried, then rolled in a coating of crunchy sugar, and generously filled with a favorite of everybody’s… Nutella!
1 cup milk, heated to 110 degrees F
1/4 cup + 1 tsp. white sugar, divided
2 and 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast
1 tsp. salt
1 large egg, beaten
8 Tbsp. melted butter, divided
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar (for coating donuts)
1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, nutella
1. To a stand mixer bowl, add in 1 cup of milk, heated to 110 degrees F, 1 tsp. white sugar, and 2 and 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast. Whisk that, and let it sit for 5 minutes, until foamy.
2. Add in the remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp. salt, 1 large egg, beaten, 4 Tbsp. melted butter and 3 cups all-purpose flour. Knead that with a dough hook attachment on low speed for about 2 minutes.
3. Turn up the speed to medium, and knead for 5 minutes, until the dough is soft and elastic. You may need to add more flour if the dough is too sticky.
4. Transfer the dough to a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let it rise for 30 minutes, until doubled in size.
5. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface, cut the dough into 12 even pieces, and roll them into balls. Cover the dough balls and let them rest for another 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the air fryer (or oven) to 350 degrees F, and right before baking, spray the donuts with oil spray. Bake the donuts for 6 minutes, or until golden and baked through.
7. Once cooked, brush the donuts with the remaining 4 Tbsp. melted butter, and roll them in 1/2 cup white sugar. Fill a piping bag with nutella. Make a slot in each donut with a knife, and fill with nutella!
- Prep Time: 10 mins.
- Rise Time: 1 hr.
- Cook Time: 6 mins.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 200