These enchanting Vanilla Blackberry Lavender Cupcakes are soft, fluffy and so so pretty! Each one consists of a moist vanilla cupcake, topped with a lightly sweet, whipped cream cheese blackberry lavender frosting! What else could you ask for?!
For Vanilla Cupcakes:
1 + 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1 tsp. white vinegar
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
For Lavender Infused Sugar:
1 Tbsp. dried culinary lavender
2 Tbsp. white sugar
For Blackberry Lavender Frosting:
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 + 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup blackberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line a cupcake tin with 12 cupcake liners.
2. Whisk together 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1 cup white sugar. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 cup milk, 1 tsp. white vinegar, 1/2 cup oil, and 1 tsp. almond extract.
4. Pour the dry mixture into the wet and mix just until combined and scoop the batter into the cupcake liners evenly.
5. Bake the cupcakes at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Make sure the edges don’t get too browned.
6. Let the cupcakes fully cool before frosting.
7. To make the Lavender Infused Sugar: In a mortar and pestle, (or a blender) grind 1 Tbsp. dried culinary lavender until fine. Add 2 Tbsp. of white sugar, and mix that until combined. Set aside.
8. To make the blackberry puree for the frosting, blend 1/2 cup blackberries in a small food processor, then strain the puree.
9. Whip together 6oz. softened cream cheese with 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and strained blackberry puree.
10. In a separate bowl, whip up 1 cup of whipped heavy cream until stiff peaks.
11. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until combined.
12. Frost the cupcakes, and top each one with a blackberry and a lavender sprig.
- Prep Time: 10 mins.
- Cook Time: 15 mins.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 250