These adorable little Raspberry Almond Linzer Cookies are the cutest and a must-make treat for St. Valentine’s Day! The almond cookie is buttery, lightly sweet. and crisp, and the raspberry jam filling is sweet, sticky and so good! Also, how cute and festive is the heart cutout and powdered sugar on top?!
3/4 cup almond flour
1 + 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cups softened butter (1 + 1/2 stick)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 large egg yolk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup raspberry jam
powdered sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Add 3/4 cup almond flour to a baking sheet and spread it out. Cook in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, checking and mixing it occasionally so it doesn’t burn. Let it cool completely.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the cooled almond flour, 1 + 1/3 cup all-purpose flour and 1/4 tsp. salt. Set that aside.
3. With an electric hand mixer beat together 3/4 cup softened butter, 1/2 cup white sugar, and 1 tsp. ground cinnamon. Once light and fluffy, add in 1 egg yolk and 1 tsp. vanilla extract. Beat that until combined. Slowly add in the dry ingredients, and beat until a dough forms.
4. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes. Once chilled, place the dough onto a floured surface and roll to about 1/4 inch thick. Cut out 32 cookies with a scalloped cookie cutter. To half of the cookies, cut out a heart in the middle, with a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
5. Transfer the cookies to two lined baking sheets, and bake at 350 degrees F. for about 10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Let the cookies cool for about 10 minutes.
6. To the cookies with a cut-out heart, sprinkle them with powdered sugar. These will be the tops of the cookies. To the bottom, place on about one teaspoon of raspberry jam. Place the top (sprinkled with powdered sugar) onto the bottom cookie and that’s it!
- Prep Time: 10 mins.
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: German
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 150