Today we’re taking a classic French dessert, Madeleines, and putting our own little twist on it with these Double Chocolate Glazed Madeleines! These Madeleines are light, buttery and chocolatey cakes, with a slightly crisp outer edge.
For the Chocolate Madeleines
2 large eggs, room temp.
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup dutch process cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter
For the Chocolate Glaze:
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
white chocolate shavings, for topping
1. To a large bowl, add 2 large eggs and 1/2 cup granulated sugar. With an electric hand mixer, beat the eggs and sugar for about 5 minutes, until the mixture is thick and turns a pale yellow. Now, add in 2 Tbsp. milk and 1 tsp. vanilla extract and beat that until combined.
2. Sift in 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup dutch process cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp. baking powder and 1/4 tsp. salt. Beat until combined.
3. To brown the butter: In a medium saucepan add 1/2 cup butter, cooking that on medium-low until melted. Once the butter is melted turn the heat up to medium. Shortly, your butter should start to bubble and pop. Stir butter constantly. After a while, the butter will turn foamy. Cook until you see it turn caramel brown. To keep your butter from burning, pour it into a glass bowl. Let it cool.
4. Once the butter is cooled, add it to the batter and beat until combined, but don’t over mix! Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and place it in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
5. When the madeleine batter is done chilling, remove it from the fridge and scoop it into a greased madeleine pan. It should make about 8 Madeleines.
6. Bake the Madeleines for about 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let them cool, while making the glaze.
7. To make the glaze, add 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips to a small bowl, and melt that in the microwave in 30-second increments. Once completely melted, add in 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil. Mix that until combined.
8. Dip your madeleines in the glaze and top with white chocolate shavings!
- Prep Time: 10 mins.
- Cook Time: 10 mins.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1 Madeleine
- Calories: 300