This Cookies and Cream Ice Cream is rich, creamy, and the perfect Summer treat! It’s made up of a vanilla frozen custard, with pieces of crunchy oreo cookies. And, the best part of it is, that it’s made with just 7 simple ingredients, and the ice cream base comes together pretty quickly!
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup half and half
1 cup white sugar
5 egg yolks
2 tsp. vanilla extract
a pinch of salt
1 + 1/2 cups crushed oreo cookies
1. To a medium-sized saucepan, add in 2 cups heavy whipping cream, 1 cup half and half, 1 cup white sugar, 5 egg yolks, 2 tsp. vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
2. Whisk that until combined, then add cook that over medium heat, until the cream mixture starts to steam and bubble on the edges. Strain the mixture into a bowl, and place it in an ice bath. Let it chill in the fridge for 20 minutes or until completely cool.
3. Churn the mixture in the ice cream maker, according to the manufacturer’s instructions, until a soft serve-like consistency.
4. Once done churning, fold in 1 + 1/2 cups crushed oreo cookies, until combined. Don’t over-mix, or your ice cream will start to turn grey.
5. Now, transfer the churned ice cream into your ice cream container, and freeze for 8 hours, or overnight.
6. Scoop, and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 mins.
- Cook Time: 5 mins.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Churn
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 scoop
- Calories: 250
Keywords: Cookies and Cream, Cookies and Cream Ice Cream