These Chewy Lemon Raspberry Sugar Cookies are perfectly crisp on the outside, and soft and chewy on the inside! With bursts of lemon flavor and raspberries swirled throughout each delightful bite! These cookies are the only cookie recipe you need this Spring.
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted softened butter
1 cup white sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 + 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp fresh lemon zest
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 oz. freeze-dried raspberries
1. To a large bowl, with an electric hand mixer, cream together 1/2 cup softened butter and 1 cup white sugar. Beat that until light and fluffy. Now, add in 1 large egg, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, and 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice. Beat that again until fully combined.
2. Add in 1 + 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 2 Tbsp fresh lemon zest, 1/2 tsp. baking powder, and 1/4 tsp. baking soda. Fold that with a spatula until a dough forms, and everything is fully combined.
3. In a blender or food processor, pulse 1 oz. freeze-dried raspberries, just so there are no big pieces, but not fully powdered. (You can also do this in a plastic bag with a rolling pin.)
4. To the dough, add in the crushed freeze-dried raspberries and gently fold it in. Mix it just until it’s somewhat combined, with pink swirls through the dough.
5. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
6. After chilling, scoop the cookies out onto a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper and bake at 350F for 10-14 minutes. Halfway through the baking, bang the cookies on the counter to flatten them out and create crinkles.
6. Let the cookies cool on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 300