Double Chocolate Baked Glazed Donuts. These Donuts are moist, rich and extra chocolatey from both the donut and the decadent chocolate glaze! They are baked, and a crowd pleaser for sure! If you love anything chocolate, then you are absolutely going to love these!
For the Chocolate Donuts:
1/2 cup dutch process cocoa powder
1 + 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cups brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. espresso powder (optional)
2 large eggs
1/3 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. white vinegar
8 Tbsp. melted butter (1/2 cup)
1/4 cup hot water
For the Chocolate Glaze:
1 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup milk
1 Tbsp. flavorless oil
sprinkles, for topping (optional)
1. To make the batter: To a large bowl, add in 1/2 cup dutch process cocoa powder, 1 + 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, 3/4 cups packed brown sugar, 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. espresso powder. Whisk that and set aside.
2. To a medium bowl, whisk together 2 large eggs, 1/3 cup milk, 2 tsp. vanilla extract, and 1 tsp. white vinegar. Whisk that until combined.
3. Add the wet ingredients into the dry along with 8 Tbsp. melted butter. Whisk that until somewhat combined, then add in 1/4 cup hot water. Now whisk until everything is fully combined.
4. Now pipe or spoon the batter into a greased donut pan. Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5. To make the Chocolate Glaze: To a small bowl, add in 1 cup chocolate chips, 1/4 cup milk and 1 Tbsp. flavorless oil. Microwave that in 30-second increments, until fully melted and smooth.
6. Let the donuts cool completely, then once they are cooled, dunk them into the chocolate glaze. Now top with some sprinkles and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: breakfast, dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Donut
- Calories: 260