Soft, Fluffy, Moist, and Melt-in-your-mouth, Baked Apple Cider Donuts! It doesn’t get much better than this! These are seriously the best Apple Cider Donuts you’ll ever try!
-1 3/4 cups flour
-1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
-3/4 tsp. salt
-3 tsp. ground cinnamon (divided, save 1 tsp. for cinnamon sugar)
-1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
-1 cup unsalted butter, softened (save 6 tbsp. for coating)
-3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup white sugar (divided, save 1/2 cup for cinnamon sugar)
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-2 large eggs
1/2 cup apple cider
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly grease a donut pan.
2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together 1 3/4 cups flour, 1 1/4 tsp. baking soda, 3/4 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. ground cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg.
3. In large bowl, cream together 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. softened butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed, 1/4 cup white sugar, and 1 tsp. vanilla extract. Beat that for about 3-4 minutes, until fluffy.
4. One at a time, add in two eggs, beating thoroughly with each addition.
5. To the creamed mixture, add in the flour mixture and beat until combined but don’t overmix!
6. Once combined, slowly stream in 1/2 cup of apple cider, while beating on low. Make sure the batter is mixed fully, and there are no lumps.
7. Transfer batter to a piping bag, with a wide opening. Pipe the batter into the greased donut pan. You should have about 12 donuts.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
9. While the donuts are baking, make a cinnamon-sugar coating with 1/2 cup white sugar, and 1 tsp. ground cinnamon. Whisk and set aside.
10. Also melt 6 Tbsp. of butter to brush the donuts with, before coating them.
11. Once the donuts are out of the oven, transfer them to a cooling rack, and let them cool for 5 minutes. Then brush them with the melted butter, and dunk them in the cinnamon sugar. Repeat this process with the remaining donuts.
Don’t overmix the batter. Just mix until combined.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Donut
- Calories: 250
Keywords: donuts, baked donuts, apple cider donuts