These adorable Angel Food Cupcakes are wonderfully soft, fluffy, and lightly sweet! Each cupcake consists of a light and spongey angel food cupcake, topped with a dollop of sweetened chantilly cream, and raspberries and blueberries, to make for the sweetest treat for almost any occasion!
For the Angel Food Cupcakes:
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup cake flour
1/8 tsp. salt
6 egg whites, room temp.
1 Tbsp. warm water
3/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
For the Whipped Cream:
1 + 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1. To a food processor or blender, add in 3/4 cup granulated sugar, and pulse until the sugar is fine. Remove about 1/2 cup of the sugar and save for later. Now to the food processor, add in 1/2 cup cake flour and 1/8 tsp. salt. Pulse that a few times until combined.
2. To a separate bowl, add in 6 egg whites, 1 Tbsp. warm water and 3/4 tsp. cream of tartar. Beat that with a hand mixer for about 5 minutes, until the egg whites are thick. Next, slowly add in the remaining sugar, while beating on low. Beat that for another 5 minutes, until thick and glossy. Now, fold in 1 tsp. vanilla extract.
3. Sift in the flour mixture (in about four additions), and fold until combined. Don’t over-mix! Now, with a cookie scoop, spoon the batter into a lined muffin pan. Bake the cupcakes in a preheated oven at 325 F, for about 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
4. Let the cupcakes cool completely, while making the whipped cream for topping. Beat together 1 + 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream and 1/3 cups powdered sugar, until stiff peaks.
5. Once the cupcakes are cooled, frost them with the whipped cream and blueberries and raspberries. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins.
- Cook Time: 18 mins.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Serving Size: 1 Cupcake
- Calories: 250
Keywords: Angel Food Cupcakes, Angel Food Cake, Cupcakes, How to make, How to make Angel Food Cake